Gifts of Appreciated Securities
How It Works
- You transfer securities to Yale.
- Yale sells your securities and uses the proceeds for its programs.
- You receive gift credit and an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, no matter what you originally paid for them.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the securities you donate.
- You can direct your gift to a specific fund or purpose.
- You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift now or funding a life income gift that benefits Yale later.