Gifts of Real Estate
How It Works
- You deed your residence, a vacation home, or other investment property to Yale.
- Yale may use the property for its own purposes, or, more likely, will sell it and use the proceeds for our programs.
- You receive an income tax deduction for the fair market value of the real estate, no matter what you originally paid for it.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer.
- You can direct the proceeds from your gift to a specific Yale program.
- More details about gifts of real estate.
- Frequently asked questions on gifts of real estate.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.