Gifts of Business Interests
Is this gift right for you?
A gift of business interests is for you if…
- You are an entrepreneur, member of a family business, or participant in a professional corporation.
- You hold an ownership interest in a viable enterprise, and are able to transfer your interest to third parties like Yale.
- Your interest will continue to generate revenues that can flow to us, or it is likely to be redeemed by the enterprise in the near future.
- Your interest is not encumbered by debt, and we will not be called on to make future contributions to or for the enterprise.
- You want to save both income and capital gains tax.
- Your interest is marketable.